- Animals (by Jim Jarter)
- The Art of Engraving (by James Meek)
- How Knives are made (by Blackie Collins)
- How to scrimshaw and carve ivory (by Blackie Collins)
- Knives & knifemakers (by Sid Latham)
- The Scrimshaw Connection (by Bob Egnuth)
- The Second Scrimshaw Connection (by Bob Egnuth)
- Sword of the Samurai - the clasical art of Japanese swordsmanship.
- On Damascus Steel (from Blade by Dr.Leo Figiel)
- How to make folding knives (by Frank Centofante, Ron Iake, Wayne Clay)
- Step by Step Knifemaking (By David Boye)
- Complete book of pocket knife repair (by Ben Kelly, Jr)
- Pearl inlay (by J.E.Patterson)
- Metalwork & Enameling (by Herbert Maryon)
- The Complete Handbook Of Sand Casting (by C.W.Ammen)
- Practical Casting (by Tim McCreight)
- Knife World Magazine web site,
books about cutlery.
- Lindsay's Technical Books - Giant metal working books catalog Highest quality books, new and old, for experimenters, inventors, tinkerers, mad scientists, and a very few normal people....
- Krause Publications - The World's Largest Publisher of Leisure-Time Magazines & Books, and shows for collectors, outdoor enthusiasts ...
- Knife World Publications - The world's largest inventory of knife and cutlery related books and publishers of KNIFE WORLD magazine, the leading publication for knife enthusiasts
- Knife Collecting Information - Knife Web Guide to collecting knives at CuttlersCove.com
- Sharpening Made Easy - By Steve Bottorff. A primer on sharpening knives and other etched tools.
- Brain Press Publisher - Charles Lewton-Brain - Calgary, Alberta
- DefenseMasterVideos.com - Pages of related and sponsored links to DefenseMasterVideos, 12 categories
- Basic Enameling - Tape 38-B - 1hr plus
- "Stonesetting" - Tape 29-SS - 1hr 20 minutes
- The Complete Metalsmith - Tape 31-CM - 70 minutes
- Designing with Wax - tape 35-DW - mastersmith Vesta Ward - 95 minutes
- Lost Wax Casting - tape 22-W - lenght N/A
- Soldering Precious Metals - Tape 28M - 90 minutes
- All about Soldering - Tape 19-S - Vesta Ward - 1 hr
- Forging Damascus - with Jim Hrisoulas - 2 part video - 3 hrs
- The making of a knife - by Bill Moran
- Damascus - by Bill Moran
- Faceting GemstonesTape 9F - Bill Vance - 90 minutes
- The Loveless Legend - (How to make custom knives) - with R.W. Loveless - 1 hr
Brain Press publishes the results of Charles Lewton-Brain's research in the form of books and videos, usually on metal working and goldsmithing. Brain Press concentrates on specialized, excellent information relating to metalsmithing and jewelry making. We are committed to quality information for self education and the development of our field. We also sell specialized books by other authors we like. We sell our books slightly discounted at Ebay Brain Press offers PDF files of its books and antique reprint books. There are no shipping costs with a PDF file - you just have to print it and bind it yourself.
This is a list of current publications we sell. Click on the title to go directly to it or scroll down the page to browse the entire list. All prices are in U.S funds.
Many books and videos are available from knifemaker's suppliers like
Sheffield's Knifemakers Supply, and others.